Monday, April 11, 2011

First Blog

Today is my first Blog.  My nickname is Lisl, so that is what I will use to sign my blogs.  My only rule is I welcome anyone to read, but if you don't like what I write, go somewhere else!

Little background- I started this when a good friend passed away, and one of the things I took away from the funeral is "be passionate about something".  I am a conservative and believe common sense should be utilized in the world of politics, so I'm going to be passionate about asking and providing our leaders with ways to use common sense in solving today’s political issues.

This morning I read an article posted in the WSJ about Obama looking at raising taxes of the "rich".  His definition of rich is a family making more than $250k/year.  That may be rich in Omaha Nebraska, but in LA, NYC, DC, 250k is middle class. But here is where I have a problem.  Why can't we use some common sense and scrap the entire tax code and implement a flat tax.  No exceptions, no write-offs, no ifs, ands, or buts.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, pays taxes on what you make.  Get 12k/year in welfare, you pay taxes, you make 5mill a year, you pay taxes.  Everyone carries their load.  Now, tell me why we can't do this other than it's not in the best interest in politicians.  That excuse doesn't work any longer with me!

Lisl

No comments:

Post a Comment